Welcome to the Nih-Ka-Ga-Hah District.
Our district serves youth in McDonald, Jasper, Newton, Lawrence, and Barry counties. We currently serve just over 1,500 youth in 80 units and have over 200 adult volunteers providing a quality program to our youth. It is our goal to give every available youth the opportunity to join Scouting and benefit from this AMAZING character building, life skills developing, and values/morals based program.
For information on joining Scouts or to start a new program near your home contact Bryon Haverstick or go to www.beascout.org for a unit near you!
by clicking here: Nih-Ka-Ga-Hah Facebook Page
What's Going On In NKGH?
1. February Roundtable announcements are here: February RT Announcements
2. Friends of Scouting for 2014 has kicked off and we are already at 44% of our $54,000 goal!
3. Cub Scout Leader Day Camp for 2014 takes a new approach! Evening hours and shooting sports!!---> Cub Scout Day Camp 2014 Save The Date Since this is a shooting sports camp, most of our staffing needs will have to complete Cub Scout Shooting Sports Training to assist.
Check out the winners of the Pack 333 Pinewood Derby:
First place Pack Brady S., 2nd place Aiden E., 3rd place Aiden M. They are excited for the district race March 29!!
4. NKGH District Achieves Journey to Excellence Gold in 2013 for the second year in a row!! Check out our scorecard: 2013_JTE_District_Gold
5. Leader Training is VITAL to the success of the Scouting program! All Leaders need to be trained by Dec 2013 (this includes all leaders minus the Charter Org. Rep and Unit Committee). Training will be offered at the MSSU, Franklin Tech, Crowder College, and Greenbush MBU's later this year!!!
| Check out these Cub Scouts from Pack 17 at the Blue and Gold!
6. March 15 is Beltloopapalooza and the registration packet can be found here: Beltloopapaloza Registration Packet 2-13-14
7. The deadline to sign up for the Camp Cards Fundraiser is March 1st. Cards will be available at March Roundtable. Camp Cards-Roundtable Promo Sheet Here are the front and back images of the cards we will be selling:
||Troop 77 raised $2,220 in Friends of Scouting donations this year! 98% increase over last years giving! 13 donors earned a new council patch and the troop gets free rank advancement for the year!!! Well done!!
8. The district will be recognizing 6 of our leaders at our Adult Recognition Family BBQ on Saturday March 22 at Shoal Kirk. Mark your calendars now! Nomination Forms for awards are due MARCH 3!!!! Here are the forms: Tom Harrison Award, Wanda Harrold Award, and District Award of Merit . This will not be our normal sit down dinner event rather a family style bbq with some awards! Registration forms for the BBQ are in the RT Announcements at #1 on this page!
Past award recipients can be found here: District Award History
9. The District Pinewood Derby will be March 29! Make sure you get those cars ready! Registration forms and rules can be found here: 2014 District PWD (also available in the RT Announcements)
10. Family Friends of Scouting dates WERE DUE by January Roundtable. Please fill out this form and turn in ASAP: Family FOS Presentation Sign Up Form
FROM FEBRUARY 22-APRIL 12 WE HAVE A SCOUTING EVENT/ACTIVITY EACH WEEKEND MINUS 1...WELCOME TO THE SPRING IN THE NKGH DISTRICT!
MERIT BADGE COUNSELOR DATABASE:
Merit Badge Counselors for NKGH can be found here: Merit Badge Release 2-20-14
Contact information for District Advancement Team can be found in the "Who to Contact" page on the left.