Welcome to the Nih-Ka-Ga-Hah District.
Our district serves youth in McDonald, Jasper, Newton, Lawrence, and Barry counties. We currently serve just over 1,500 youth in 80 units and have over 200 adult volunteers providing a quality program to our youth. It is our goal to give every available youth the opportunity to join Scouting and benefit from this AMAZING character building, life skills developing, and values/morals based program.
For information on joining Scouts or to start a new program near your home contact Bryon Haverstick or go to www.beascout.org for a unit near you!
by clicking here: Nih-Ka-Ga-Hah Facebook Page
What's Going On In NKGH?
1. June Roundtable announcements are here: June 2014 RT Announcements August-December will be held in Joplin at Martin Luther School (26th and Connecticut). 2nd Tuesday of each month.
2. Friends of Scouting for 2014 has kicked off and we are already at 78% of our $54,000 goal! We have about $12,000 left to raise to meet our goal!!
3. Units that want to sell popcorn this fall have until July 25th to turn in their registration form; the form can be found at http://www.ozarktrailsbsa.org/Popcorn. Popcorn Kickoff will be August 16th from 9 AM-4 PM..location TBD. Mark your calendar now!
Check out these awesome photos from the Dia Del Nino that was held in Carthage in June. This was a joint effort between the Scouts and St. Ann's Catholic Church and their Unidos En Christo ministry.
For most, this was their first experience or exposure to Scouting! We are hoping to build this relationship over the course of time.
4. Special thanks to Robin Coomer from Cassville for stepping up to be our District Commissioner effective 1-1-15 and for Debbie Cash for stepping up to be our Advancement Chair effective immediately.
5. Leader Training is VITAL to the success of the Scouting program! All Leaders need to be trained by Dec 2014 (this includes all leaders minus the Charter Org. Rep and Unit Committee). Training will be offered at the MSSU, Franklin Tech, Crowder College, and Greenbush MBU's later this year!!!
|Congratulations to Rob Judd for earning his Eagle Scout! Troop 77 should be proud!
6. The district needs 361 youth for our year end goals as of June 26, 2014! This means we retained approximately 71% of our youth this year at re-charter time!! We also have shown a 25% increase in our Cub Scouts comparing June 30 of 2014 to 2013! That is amazing!!
7. Calendar dates for August 2014-July 2015 are already posted for the district! They were distributed in the packets at the May Roundtable. Here is a sneak peek! NKGH 2014-15 Dates. They are already on the District Calendar on the left hand side of this page that you can import to your calendar.
8. Hooked on Scouting Recruitment Night will be Thursday, September 4!!
Start planning now!!!!! Secure your locations, figure out staffing needs, find someone to bring snacks, develop your plan, and get ready to recruit!!!!! Let's have another record year!!!
||Our Twilight Shooting Sports Camp was a huge success! We had 120 CS attend. Special thanks to Shannon Johnson and his staff!!
Click here to take the survey if you attended:
MERIT BADGE COUNSELOR DATABASE:
Merit Badge Counselors for NKGH can be found here: Merit Badge Release 2-20-14
Contact information for District Advancement Team can be found in the "Who to Contact" page on the left.